Ideal sailing (further text: Company) based on General Conditions, as well as on Brokerage Contract for accommodation services, provides a user with a multi-day accommodation service aboard vessels adapted for transportation of persons on a cruise trip, and guarantees technical compliance and good condition of all its vessels. The person who has confirmed reservation for one or more vessels, or has paid the deposit (in further text: Client) establishes a legal relationship with and confirms acceptance of these General Conditions. Everything stated in these General Conditions is legally binding both for Company and the Client. All eventual disputes between the Client and Company are to be settled based on these Conditions.
- PRICE OF A CCOMMODATION SERVICE
The prices of accommodation service are stated in euro (EUR), in the current Company price list.. Company price list is subject to change without prior notice. Stated prices include: accommodation on technically flawless and clean vessels with full fuel tanks and water, use of all vessel equipment, compulsory and comprehensive vessel insurance, vessel concession permit. The price does not include port dues and other dues charged in other marinas, as well as fuel expenses and the cost of other necessities, car parking, and crew health insurance.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT
The users of accommodation service including overall vessel equipment can use the vessels only after they have made the payment according to the terms of payment. (50% of the price is to be paid at vessel reservation and the remainder at least 4 weeks prior to the beginning of the accommodation service.) Reservations made during the 4-week period prior to the beginning of accommodation service must be paid in full. By making the advance payment, Client confirms that he is fully informed about all characteristics and terms under which the accommodation service on a certain vessel is provided. By making the advance payment, everything stated in these Conditions becomes legally binding both for the Client and for Company.
- CANCELLATION TERMS
If the Client, for whatever reason, wants to cancel the accommodation services aboard a vessel, he must submit his request in written form (by e-mail). The date the written cancellation notification was received by Company represents the basis for the calculation of cancellation charges in the following way:
|Booking cancelled, more that 90 days before embarkation, 500 EURO|
|Booking cancelled, 89 days to 60 days before embarkation, 30% of the total charter fee|
|Booking cancelled 59 to 31 days before embarkation, 50% of the total charter fee|
|Booking cancelled less than 30 days before embarkation, 100% of the total charter fee|
Client who has cancelled the accommodation service may, after previously consulting with Company, find another person who will assume his rights and obligations. If he doesn’t find a replacement, the cancellation fee will be charged as stated above.
If the accommodation service is cancelled due to objective reasons (death of a close family member, an accident involving heavy injury, a sudden acute condition requiring immediate medical care, pregnancy complications, military exercise etc.), the paid amount will not be refunded. Instead, the Client is allowed to use the paid amount for another time period of the current or the next year. It is Client obligation to provide an authentic document (proof).In case of force majeure (war, unrest, strikes, terrorist acts, sanitary problems, natural disasters, official authority interventions etc.), Company shall not be liable for any modifications and not carrying out the rented services in whole or in part. In any case, the purchase of trip cancellation insurance is recommended, which would cover accommodation service cancellation.
- VESSEL HANDOVER (CHECK IN)
Company will hand over only completely equipped and technically flawless vessels with full fuel and water tanks and expects the vessels to be returned in the same condition. The vessel handover takes place on Saturdays from (from 17:00 to 20:00).
If the Client fails to take over the vessel within 48 hours of the predetermined handover time, without any previous notice, Company is entitled to unilaterally terminate the contract for provision of accommodation services, and the Client shall not be entitled to any subsequent indemnity claims. If, for whatever reason, Company is not able to put the booked vessel at disposal at the appointed place and time, it can provide another vessel, having at least the same characteristics. If Company is unable to provide alternative vessel within 24 hours, Client has a right to cancel the use of the vessel and have the paid service reimbursed. In case the Client should choose to wait for the replacement vessel beyond the deadline agreed for the vessel handover (24 hours), he shall be entitled to claim an amount in the equivalent of the accommodation service value for the number of days he has not had the vessel at his disposal. Company shall not be held liable for the amount exceeding the arranged accommodation service price, as well as for any other Client’s claim to indemnity. When taking over the vessel, the Client is obliged to examine and carefully check the general condition of the vessel and its equipment according to the inventory list and immediately identify the deficiencies; otherwise it will be considered that there is no objection to it. Possible hidden deficiencies of the vessel and/or its equipment, which could not have been known to Company at the time of the handover of the vessel, as well as the deficiencies possibly arising after the handover, shall not entitle the Client to claim any reduction of the accommodation price. If the vessel equipment and inventory do not match the inventory list provided to the Client, he shall not be entitled to claim any reduction of the accommodation price – provided that the safety of navigation is unaffected. Client is not entitled to refuse check-in, suspend navigation and seek financial reimbursement in case of any defects, instrument deviations and similar equipment and inventory problems, provided that proper navigation is possible through classical methods, and the safety of vessel and crew guarantees a good sail. Every complaint based on comparison of the vessel and its inventory with other charter company’s vessels or other countries’ standards is unfounded. If Company finds that the Client/vessel manager does not have navigation skills required for operating a vessel, Company reserves the right to prohibit the sail out of a vessel. In that case Company will appoint an official skipper to join the crew and charge this service according to current price list. If the client refuses the appointed skipper, Company has the right to forbid the sailing out of the vessel, to terminate the contract, and to keep the full amount paid for the accommodation service. The client has no right to reimbursement claims. The vessel is to be handed over to the Client with all the valid documents (license, application form, concession…) as well as other files from the vessel’s folder (list of harbor master’s offices, gas stations, etc.). The Client is bound to take particular care of all the entrusted documents and return them to company during check-out procedure. If Company is fined by an authorized inspection or other authorities in Greece for not having complete necessary documentation aboard a vessel, Company holds the client responsible by recourse, and the fine is to be paid from the client’s deposit.
- VESSEL RETURN (CHECK OUT)
The Client is obliged to return the vessel at the appointed time, no later than 18:00 hours on the day before, into the destination port defined by the contract. The vessel is to be neat and clean, with a full fuel tank, ready for setting sail, i.e. in the same condition it was in before boarding. The client is obliged to take garbage off the vessel and leave it at the designated garbage zone in the marina. If, for whatever reason, further sailing isn’t possible or exceeding the agreed return time is inevitable, the client must contact the base manager for further instructions. If the Client exceeds the agreed return time due to bad weather conditions, the Client shall bear all relevant costs and expenses incurred by Company. Therefore, it is recommended to carefully plan the route, and it is required to return the vessel to marina in the evening hours of the day before the vessel handover. If the agreed return time should be exceeded, the Client is obliged to pay double rate of daily accommodation for every day of delayed return, with a possible obligation to further compensate for losses and expenses arising from Company. The Client bears all costs arising from exceeding the check-out time. Exceptions to this rule are possible, but require express consent of the Company and the Client If the vessel should be returned into a port not agreed upon as the destination harbor, the Client is obliged to pay all the costs related to the transfer of the vessel to the arranged destination harbor, stipulated penalty for delay, if any, as well as compensation for any damage not covered by insurance policy which occurred during the transfer. If, for whatever reason, Client leaves the vessel before carrying out the check-out procedure with a Company representative, he assumes responsibility for all noted complaints and damages incurred during the use of services, as identified by company. At the time of disembarkation, a check of the general condition of the vessel and the equipment shall be performed, and a Company representative will compare the found inventory and the equipment to the inventory list. Client is obliged to report all possible defects and damage to the Company representative. If the damage has incurred on the underwater part of the vessel, or such damage is suspected, a detailed examination of the vessel must be performed with a help from a scuba diver or a crane. The method of examination shall be decided upon by Company, and the Client will be charged for the cost of the procedure.
- MONEY DEPOSIT
When taking over the vessel, the Client is obliged to leave a deposit according to the current price list, which is given back to the Client if the vessel is returned undamaged and at the appointed time, provided there are no third-party claims aimed toward the , Client and there are no fines imposed on Company in relation to the use of the chartered vessel. If the accommodation service includes a skipper, caution money deposit is also obligatory. Client will be charged for all costs arising from gross negligence and/or loss of one or several parts of the vessel. Company shall retain the deposit amount corresponding to the value of the repair, acquisition and/or procurement of the equipment or an individual part of the vessel. If further provision of accommodation services aboard a vessel has been made impossible due to the damage/loss of the vessel/equipment, Company shall retain the deposit amount corresponding to the profit lost during vessel repair.
The vessel is covered by a third-party liability insurance and against the liability of the third person (compulsory insurance) and, also, comprehensive insurance up to the registered value of the vessel (according to the insurance policy). The insurance covers any damage exceeding the deposit amount, but not the damage caused intentionally or due to gross negligence (according to terms of the insurance company).Company is not held liable for any loss and/or damage to the property of the Client, other passengers and crew members, or to other persons’ property disposed and stored on the vessel or on Company’s premises. Having paid the required advance payment and having accepted the General Conditions, waives any Client indemnity claims from Company related to the loss and/or damage to his personal property and/or property of others. The personal possessions of the crew are not insured, so it is recommended for the Client to take out a separate insurance policy for this purpose. Accidents aboard vessel and loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage are not covered by the insurance. In case of a large scale damage during provision of accommodation services, for which the Client doesn’t have to bear the costs (normal wear and tear and/or the amount of the deposit is exceeded), he will need to get a permission (instructions) for repair from Company or the base manager. In case of a large scale vessel accident, as well as in case of involvement of other vessels, it is necessary to report the case to the closest harbor master’s office and run a protocol (the course of events, determination of damages) for the insurance company, as well as to inform Company about the accident. If the Client doesn’t carry out all these obligations, he may be charged for all damages incurred. The sails are not insured so the Client bears all costs of sails damage in full amount. Engine damage resulting from the lack of oil in the engine is also not covered by insurance. Client is obliged to check the engine oil. The user can’t hold Company legally liable for any consequences arising from user’s fault or negligence which could create Company’s liability to third parties. Also, in that case Company shall not bear any legal costs, whether at home or abroad.
- CLIENT OBLIGATIONS
Client is obliged to and states that he/she will:
- Provide Company with a crew list containing full names, birth dates and birth places, nationality, type and number of a valid identification document, and the skipper’s boat leader license number, not later than 1 week before the beginning of accommodation service.
- Have a valid passport. The cost of any document loss and theft during the voyage shall be borne by the Client.
- Study the printed material available on the vessel.
- Conscientiously and carefully handle the vessel, the inventory and the equipment and keep a logbook, and in particular that he will not steer the vessel under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, behaving responsibly in every respect.
- Sail within the borders of the territorial waters of Greece. Leaving the territorial sea of the Greece is possible exclusively with the previous written consent of Company.
- Sail only in safe weather conditions and good visibility, avoiding clearly dangerous areas, and not sail by night.
- Adjust the sail to atmospheric circumstances and crew abilities, and not allow unnecessary burdening of masts, sails and ropes.
- Not leave the port or anchorage in case the vessel or one of its parts vital for the safe sail is out of order.
- Not leave the port if port authorities have prohibited sailing, i.e. issued a ban on departures from the port, or in case of insufficient fuel supplies.
- Not use the vessel for commercial purposes (transport of goods or people for compensation), professional fishing, sailing school or similar activities.
- Not sublease the vessel or lend the boat to a third party.
- Not board more people than the vessel is registered for, and not allow people not stated on the crew list to stay aboard.
- Not participate in regattas or vessel races without previous consent from Company.
- Not to tow another boat and to take all possible precautions to avoid a situation which would require towing of the vessel.
- Agree that the contract for provision of accommodation services is to be terminated in case it is determined that any of the crew members has broken a valid regulation and/or law of the Republic of Greece, and that in such case the vessel is to be at Company’s disposal, with Client having no right to compensation. On a separate note, it is determined that free from any liability to state authorities; Client is solely liable to state authorities for violations and/or crimes committed.
- Assume responsibility and compensate all costs to Company, for which it is established that they were caused by actions or omissions on the part of the Client, and for which Company is materially and criminally liable to a third party.
- Client liability for violations of sailing and other regulations, which were committed during the accommodation service, does not cease with the end of the accommodation service (until the case is closed).
- In case of a large scale damage of the vessel, accident or brakeage, record the course of events, immediately notify Company, file a maritime disaster report to the closest harbor master’s office, and demand a verification for that event from the harbour master, a doctor or other competent authority.
- Notify Company immediately in case of any defect of the vessel or its equipment incurred by normal wear and tear. Company is obliged to repair the defect within 24 hours from the receipt of the notification. In case Company repairs the defect within that deadline, the Client has no right to compensation. Emergency telephone numbers for defect notification can be found in the vessel documentation.
- If the damages that the vessel needs to be repaired for in a harbor are caused by the Client, he has no right to a monetary or any other compensation for the period of accommodation services wasted due to repair. In case the damages were not caused by the Client, he is entitled to a proportional compensation (the pro-rata basis). No other type of compensation is possible.
- If there is reasonable doubt that the underwater part of the vessel has been damaged, the vessel needs to be taken to the closest port to perform an underwater examination, and take the vessel out of the water if necessary. All costs are borne by the Client.
- Fully compensate Company for any damage caused by Client’s negligence or omission which is not covered by the insurance, and for which Company is responsible to a third party.
- In case of disappearance of the vessel and its equipment, inability of sailing, confiscation or impounding of the vessel, or sailing prohibition by the state authorities or a third party, Client must immediately notify competent authorities and Company, and demand a copy of the police report.
- Assume full and sole responsibility in case of impounding of the vessel by competent authorities, due to improper or illegal actions (commercial fishing, removal of antiquities from the seabed…) undertaken during the use of the vessel.
- Be fully responsible for sea contamination during the filling of fuel tanks or dropping garbage and waste outside designated places.
- Check the oil level in the engine every day. Client is liable for damages and losses caused by an insufficient amount of oil in the engine.
- Take pets (dogs, cats, birds…) aboard a vessel only with a previous permission from Company. No pets are allowed on board, unless previously agreed with Company. If a pet is allowed on board, Client bears the additional cost of cleaning according to the current price list.
Client assumes sole substantive and criminal liability for any breach of the obligations undertaken hereunder.
Every Client has the right to a complaint, if he considers Company’s services to be incomplete and/or of low quality. Client may demand a proportional reimbursement, but only if a written complaint is lodged upon check-out with all necessary documentation enclosed. A written complaint must be submitted no later than check-out and signed by both parties – by the Client and by an Company’ representative; otherwise, Client will no longer have the right to a complaint regarding the service. Any complaints received subsequently and with incomplete documentation shall not be taken into consideration by Company. Company is obliged to provide a written reply to the received complaint within 14 days after the receipt. Company has the right to postpone the reply for additional 14 days if gathering information and checking the complaint claims with the people directly or indirectly involved is needed. The maximum amount of compensation per complaint can amount to the objected part of the service and cannot include services which were already used, or the total accommodation service price. Client’s right to non-material damage compensation is hereby excluded, provided that it was not caused with Company’s intent. If Client has made a last minute contract (last minute arrangement), Client acknowledges all risks arising from such type of service. This type of service holds some uncertainties that cannot be influenced by Company, and the Client has accepted this service primarily because of its favorable price. Therefore, he has no right to complain to Company. Company cannot be held responsible for eventual bad weather conditions, sea water quality and temperature, marina cleanliness, crowded destination ports, and all similar situations and events that could lead to Client’s dissatisfaction, and are not directly related to the quality of the booked service.
In case the Client is not satisfied with Company’s decision, and is not able to come to a peaceful and consensual agreement with Company, he has the right to take legal action. All eventual disputes that are not peacefully resolved will fall under the jurisdiction of the appropriate court in Greece. These Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Greece. Amendments (modifications and additions) to these General Conditions are valid only in written form and upon mutual agreement of both parties.
Welcome to www.ideal-sailing.com (the ”Website”). We take your privacy seriously, and this policy explains the steps we take to ensure that your information is kept secure and private.
We collect, process and use your information for the following uses:
a. accessing and using the Website;
b. accessing and using your account;
c. customizing the services we provide;
d. let you know about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Information we gather from you.
You do not need to provide personal information about using the Website.
– We collect personal information when you fill out the details in the contact forms.
– We collect personal information when you access your account.
For users that register on our Website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
– In order to handle a purchase, the information we collect includes, without limitation, your credit card number, full name, address, phone number and email address. You must make sure that the information you entered is accurate and complete.
– When you leave comments on the Website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Whenever you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
-If you upload images to the Website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Website can download and extract any location data from images on the Website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this Website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Do we share your information
We do not share, sell or transfer your personal information to third parties.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information required if such information is requested by law enforcement agencies or if requested by law, by court order or by a government entity.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosure of such information is necessary to identify and take action against someone who may be in breach of any of our terms and conditions. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers
Keeping your personal information is very important to us. Our Website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to give you the safest experience. SSL technology allows the encryption of sensitive information so that all communication remains out of malicious hand. In addition, all customer information, not just sensitive information, is limited to our office to employees who need to use this information to perform their work. The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security
Embedded content from other Websites
Articles on this Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other Websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other Website.
– Session Cookies: Cookies we use to identify the user and use our Website properly.
– If you leave a comment on our Website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and Website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
– If you have an account and you log in to this Website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “”Remember Me””, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
– If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Ideal-sailing may process your Personal Data because:
• We need to perform a contract with you
• You have given us permission to do so
• The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
• To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Third party cookies:
Social networks: Our Website uses social buttons from networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. These social networks use their own cookies to identify some usage factors (for example: if you click on Like or Share).
Below are links to information about managing cookies from your browser:
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Microsoft edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Microsoft internet explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US